MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: March 10th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Sylvan Library (Legends)
Gain: +$45.00 (+100%)
Legion Loyalist (Gatewatch)
Gain: +$5.00 (+125%)
Chainer’s Edict (Non-Foil & Foil) (Troment)
Gain: +$8.00 (+160%)
Whilring Dervish (Both) (Legends)
Gain: +$1.50 (+200%)
Risen Executioner (Dragons of Tarkir)
Gain: +$4.00 (+200%)
Gain: +$4.50 (+300%)
Circle of Protection: Artifacts (Antiquities)
Gain: +$3.45 (+625%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Cinder Glade Battle for Zendikar Expeditions, Confidence Level 6: $35 to $60+ (+100%, 6-12+ months
- Windswept Heath Battle for Zendikar Expeditions, Confidence Level 8: $105 to $150+ (+40%, 6-12+ months)
- Verdant Catacombs Battle for Zendikar Expeditions, Confidence Level 8: $160 to $200+ (+25%, 6-12+ months)
- Horizon Canopy Oath of the Gatewatch Expeditions, Confidence Level 8: $105 to $150+ (+40%, 6-12+ months)
- Collected Company Foil Dragons of Tarkir, Confidence Level 8: $35 to $60+ (+70%, 6-12 months)
- Chord of Calling Foil Magic 2015, Confidence Level 8: $25 to $40+ (+60%, 6-12 months
- Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit Foil Dragons of Tarkir, Confidence Level 8: $5 to $15+ (+200%, 6-12 months)
- Linvala, the Preserver, Oath of the Gatewatch, Confidence Level 6: $3 to $10 (+300%, 0-6 months
- Razorverge Thicket Scars of Mirrodin, Confidence Level 5: $7 to $15+ (+115%, 6-12 months
- Gifts Ungiven Modern Masters, Confidence Level 8: $10 to $20+ (+100%, 6-12 months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Eldrazi dominated the triple Grand Prix weekend, but there were still some decks across the three top 8s that were worth discussing, especially with the likelihood of an Eldrazi ban in the near future.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week – What Does Shadows Over Innistrad Hold?
Between the banned and restricted list update and the return of madness, what will Shadows Over Innistrad do to Modern and Legacy?
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!