MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 24, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
This week we had a fairly calm pattern of card price increases, with many of the top movers resulting from new or updated decks doing well at the modern format showcase GP Vancouver.
Noxious Revival (New Phyrexia, Rare)
Gain: +$2.20 (+122%)
Sudden Shock (Modern Masters, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$4.00 (+114%)
Dimir Signet (CMD, Common*)
Gain: +$2.25 (+113%)
Death’s Shadow (ONS, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$7.50 (+100%)
Tangle (INV, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$7.00 (+100%)
Paradise Mantle (MMA, Uncommon)
Gain: +$1.70 (+94%)
Basilisk Collar (WWK, Rare)
Gain: +$8.00 (+80%)
- Mana Drain (Judge Promo, Foil Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $110.00 to $160.00 (+50.00/46%) 12+ months)
- Note: Source from Europe to snag at mentioned price
2. Hangarback Walker (KLD, Masterpiece Invention)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $40.00 to $60.00 (+20.00/+50%, 0-12+ months)
3. Hardened Scales (KTK, Rare Foil)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $10.00 to $20.00 (+10.00/+100%, 0-12+ months)
- Seshiro the Anointed (COK, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $10.00 (+7.00/+233%, 0-12+ months)
2. Patron of the Orochi (INN, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $4.00 to $15.00 (+11.00/+275%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Topic of the Week
James & Travis interviewed two members of the CardSphere team, discussing their forthcoming project intended to compete with Pucatrade as an alternate trading and sales platform for Magic cards.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!