MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Mar 24, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
A pretty quiet week in card spikes…that is up until the MM17 reveals wrapped up Thursday and people started moving on cards that weren’t included. (Expect to see those here next week.)
Pain’s Reward (SOK, Rare)
Gain: +$6.00 (+800%)
Grasp of Fate (CMD 2015, Rare)
Gain: +$13.25 (+481%)
Seismic Assault (Exodus, Rare)
Gain: +5.00 (+250%)
Concordant Crossroads (LEG, Rare)
Gain: +$45.00 (+180%)
Power Artifact (ANT, Uncommon)
Gain: +$67.00 (+127%)
Negate (Magic Player Rewards)
Gain: +$9.00 (+75%)
Caves of Koilos (APOC, Uncommon)
Gain: +$8.00 (+53%)
- Eldrazi Temple (MM15, Uncommon)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $10.00 to $18.00 (+8.00/80%) 0-12+ months)
2. Cyclonic Rift (MM17, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $10.00 to $20.00 (+10.00/+100%, 12+ months)
3. All is Dust (MM15, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $13.00 to $20.00 (+7.00/+54%, 0-6+ months)
- Whir of Invention (AER, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $1.00 to $5.00 (+4.00/+400%, 12+ months)
2. Winding Constrictor (AER, Uncommon Foil)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $7.50 to $12.50 (+5.00/+67%, 6-12+ months)
Disclosure: Cliff and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Cliff & James went over the results from the Standard GPs in Japan and Brazil last weekend, spotlighting the Temur Tower decks as the main breath of fresh air.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The guys went over the current price points for key MM17 staples and discussed where we’re likely going from here.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!