MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: May 4th, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Blowfly Infestation (Shadowmoor, Uncommon)
Gain: +$3.50 (+700%)
Dakmor Ghoul (Starter ’99, Uncommon )
Gain: +$15.50 (+620%)
Shining Shoal (BoK, Rare)
Gain: +6.50 (+433%)
Heartbeat of Spring (CoK, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$16.50 (+220%)
Cut//Ribbons (AMK, Rare)
Gain: +$2.00 (+200%)
Flash (Mirage, Rare )
Gain: +$4.00 (+200%)
Cryptbreaker (EMN, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$6.50 (+186%)
Gideon Jura (M12, Mythic Foil)
Gain: +$24.00 (+133%)
Always Watching (SOI, Rare)
Gain: +$6.50 (+100%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Breya, Etherium Shaper (C16, Foil “Mythic”)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $4.00 to $16.00 (+12.00/300%) 0-12+ months)
2. Harsh Mentor (AMK, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $12.00 to $20.00 (+8.00/+67%, 12+ months)
- Waste Not (C16/M15, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.50 to $8.00 (+4.50/+129%, 6-12+ months)
2. Sweltering Suns (AMK, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $1.00 to $4.00 (+3.00/+300%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys touched on the results from SCG Atlanta, the first Standard tournament featuring cards from Amonkhet.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
James & Travis looked at the likely impact of the new 1v1 focused Commander banlist on Magic Online.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!