MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: April 15th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
City of Brass">City of Brass (Arabian Nights)
Gain: +$33.00 (+45%)
Lake of the Dead">Lake of the Dead (Alliances)
Gain: +$2.50 (+45%)
Quicksilver Amulet">Quicksilver Amulet Foil (Magic 2012)
Gain: +$12.00 (+92%)
Nahiri, the Harbinger">Nahiri, the Harbinger (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Gain: +$9.00 (+80%)
Part the Waterveil">Part the Waterveil (Battle for Zendikar)
Gain: +$3.50 (+175%)
Brain in a Jar (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Gain: +$2.00 (+200%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Zada, Hedron Grinder">Zada, Hedron Grinder, Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 7: $.5 to $5 (+900%, 12+ months)
- Smothering Abomination Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 6: $.25 to $2 (+700%, 12+ months)
- Sire of Stagnation Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 6: $1 to $4 (+300%, 12+ months)
- Dragonmaster Outcast Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 7: $3 to $7 (+133%, 12+ months
- Chord of Calling Foil Magic 2015, Confidence Level 8: $20 to $40 (+100%, 6-12+ months)
- Cryptic Command Modern Masters 2, Confidence Level 6: $20 to $35 (+75%, 6-12+ months
- Reveillark Foil Modern Masters, Confidence Level 8: $17 to $30 (+75%, 6-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Grand Prix Toronto and Grand Prix Tokyo
Between last weekend’s Standard GP in Toronto and the Standard GP running in Tokyo while this episode is recorded, there’s plenty of decks and cards to discuss.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!