MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: April 7th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Declaration in Stone (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Ancestral Vision (Time Spiral)
Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas (Mirrodin Besieged)
Ulvenwald Hydra (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Archangel of Tithes (Magic Origins)
Always Watching (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Gain: +$3.00 (+300%)
Time Sieve (Alara Reborn)
Sword of the Meek (Future Sight)
Squandered Resources (Visions)
Thopter Foundry (Alara Reborn)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Secluded Glen Lorwyn, Confidence Level 7: $5 to $10 (+100%, 0-6 months)
- Bitterblossom Modern Masters 2, Confidence Level 6: $25 to $35 (+40%, 0-6 months)
- Jeskai Ascendancy Khans of Tarkir, Confidence Level 6: $.5 to $5+ (+900%, 12+ months
- Eye of Ugin Expeditions, Confidence Level 8: $70 to $150 (+115%, 12+ months)
- Spell Snare, Modern Masters, Confidence Level 7: $7 to $15 (+115%, 6-12 months)
- Darkslick Shores Scars of Mirrodin, Confidence Level 7: $8 to $15+ (+88%, 6-12 months)
- Krark-Clan Ironworks Fifth Dawn, Confidence Level 5: $4 to $15 (+275%, 12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Modern Banned and Restricted List Update
Modern’s Banned and Restricted List was updated for Shadows Over Innistrad, and it was a doozy! Eye of Ugin departs as we welcome Ancestral Vision and Sword of the Meek. What do these changes have in store for Modern?
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.MTGPrice helps keep you at the top of your game with our daily card price index, fast movers lists, weekly articles by the best MTGFinance minds in the business, the MTGFastFinance podcast co-hosted by James Chillcott & Travis Allen, as well as the Pro Trader Discord channels, where all the action goes down. Find out more.