MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 26th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Greater Gargadon (Foil, Modern Masters)
Gain: +$2.75 (+60%)
Realms Uncharted (Rise of the Eldrazi)
Gain: +$1.25 (+70%)
Junun Efreet (Arabian Nights)
Gain: +$4.50 (+90%)
Gavony Township (Foil, Innistrad)
Gain: +$12.00 (+100%)
Iroas, God of Victory (Foil, Journey Into Nyx)
Gain: +$15.00 (+100%)
Library of Alexandria (Arabian Nights)
Gain: +$705 (+160%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Force of Will (Foil, Eternal Masters) Confidence Level 8: $275 to $400 (+45%, 0-12+ months)
- Mana Crypt Foil, Eternal Masters, Confidence Level 7: $225 to $300 (+33%, 0-12+ months)
- Natural Order
- Shardless Agent
- Sensei’s Divinging Top (Eternal Masters)
- Day’s Undoing">Day’s Undoing, Magic Origins, Confidence Level 6: $2 to $8 (+300%, 12+ months)
- Daretti, Scrap Savant">Daretti, Scrap Savant, Commander 2014, Confidence Level 7: $2 to $10 (+400%, 12+ months)
- Titania, Protector of Argoth">Titania, Protector of Argoth, Commander 2014, Confidence Level 8: $2.50 to $10 (+300%, 12+ months)
- Sealed Eternal Masters boxes, MSRP, 12+ months
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Between GP Minneapolis and GP Manchester, humans were all over Standard. While Minneapolis was nearly nothing but, Manchester provided some additional color, including an exciting build including Jace’s Sanctum that landed in 25th place.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.