MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Aug 25th, 2016
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Note: Price movements reflect posted NM prices, and may not represent prices players have paid.
Hide//Seek">Hide//Seek Foil (Dissension)
Gain: +$4.50 (+70%)
Fulminator Mage">Fulminator Mage Foil (Shadowmoor)
Gain: +$80.00 (+125%)
Bloodbraid Elf Foil (Eternal Masters)
Gain: +$10.50 (+190%)
Narcomoeba Foil (Eternal Masters)
Gain: +$17.00 (+566%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Eldritch Evolution Foil (Eldritch Moon) Confidence Level 8: $15 to $30 (+100%, 0-12+ months)
- Dark Confidant (Modern Masters 2015) Confidence Level 7: $35.00 to $45.00 (+30%, 6-12+ months)
- Death’s Shadow, Worldwake, Confidence Level 7: $10 to $20 (+100%, 0-6+ months)
- Darksteel Forge, Magic 2014, Confidence Level 7: $5 to $10 (+100%, 12+ months)
- Sanguine Bond, Magic 2014, Confidence Level 7: $2.50 to $8 (+220%, 12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Starcity Games’ invitational was this past weekend, and it brought plenty of Standard and Modern decks to discuss. Bant Company, UB Zombies, Death’s Shadow Zoo, and RG Valakut are just some of the interesting lists that appeared.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
Conspiracy: Take the Crown has been revealed in full, and it’s for some it’s what they wanted Eternal Masters to be in the first place. Show and Tell joins Berserk as high-profile reprints, with plenty of other cards sneaking in, like Horn of Green and Ghostly Prison.
PucaTrade’s redesigned site also launched this week, and it brought with it foreign card support and a connection to the MTGO market. New opportunities are abound for the adventurous trader.