MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 26th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Chandra, Flamecaller (Oath of the Gatewatch)
Gain: +$10.00 (+111%)
Petrified Field (Odyssey)
Gain: +$7.75 (+172%)
Hall of the Bandit Lord (Foil) (Champions of Kamigawa)
Gain: +$67.00 (+200%)
Thorn of Amethyst (Both) (Lorwyn)
Gain: +$11.00 (+275%)
Gain: +$10.00 (+333%)
Shatterstorm (10th Edition)
Gain: +$168.00 (+525%)
Oubliette (Arabian Nights)
Gain: +$85.00 (+566%)
Brindle Shoat (Planechase)
Gain: +$3.50 (+700%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Shambling Vents Foil, Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 7: $10 to $20+ (+100%, 6-12+ months)
- Assorted Battle for Zendikar Mythics, Confidence Level 6: $2 to $8 (+60%, 6-12+ months)
- Sanctum of Ugin, Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5 (400%, 12+ months)
- Kozilek, the Great Distortion, Oath of the Gatewatch, Confidence Level 9: $7 to $15 (+115%, 0-12+ months)
- Oath of the Gatewatch product, Confidence Level 6: $80 to $120 (+50%, 6-12 months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
Even Legacy isn’t immune to the Eldrazi menace. Two copies made it into the top eight of SCG Philadelphia, alongside three Delver decks. What’s this event tell us about Legacy, Eldrazi, and the Reserve List?
Segment 4: Topic of the Week – MTGO 101
James manages a portfolio of roughly 10,000 tickets on MTGO. Travis takes some time to ask him basic questions about basic MTGO investing principles, the difference between online and paper, and where to look for profits.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!