MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: March 19th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Legion Loyalist Foil (Gatecrash)
Gain: +$9.00 (+100%)
Asceticism Foil (Scars of Mirrodin)
Gain: +$13.00 (+118%)
Drana, Liberator of Malakir (Battle for Zendikar)
Gain: +$10.00 (+125%)
Mayor of Avabruck (Foil) (Innistrad)
Gain: +$7.00 (+140%)
Gain: +$26.00 (+136%)
Whirling Dervish (Legends)
Gain: +$3.25 (+144%)
Hall of Gemstone (Mirage)
Gain: +$3.75 (+300%)
Scout’s Warning (Future Sight)
Gain: +$4.00 (+400%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Diregraf Colossus Shadows Over Innistrad, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5 (+400%, 6-12 months)
- Traverse the Ulvenwald Shadows Over Innistrad, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5+ (+400%, 6-12 months)
- Myr Superion Foil Scars of Mirrodin, Confidence Level 6: $3 to $10+ (+235%, 6-12+ months)
- Beck//Call, Dragon’s Maze, Confidence Level 6: $.40 to $5 (+1100%, 6-12+ months
- Needle Spires & Hissing Quagmire Oath of the Gatewatch, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5+ (+400%, 0-6 months)
- Wastes #184 Foil Oath of the Gatewatch, Confidence Level 9: $13 to $25+ (+100%, 12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Shadows Over Innistrad Spoilers
Official spoilers for Shadows Over Innistrad are upon us! The guys take time to talk about some of the cards that have caught their eye through the lens of financial implications, both on yet-to-be released cards, and cards that are already in the market.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.