MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: April 15th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Secure the Wastes (Dragons of Tarkir)
Gain: +$4.50 (+80%)
Gifts Ungiven (Modern Masters)
Gain: +$12.00 (+100%)
Undiscovered Paradise (Visions)
Gain: +$6.00 (+133%)
Knight of the White Orchid (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$3.00 (+150%)
Kytheon, Hero of Akros (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$8.50 (+155%)
Tireless Tracker (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Gain: +$5.00 (+250%)
Pyromancer’s Goggles (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$6.00 (+300%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Masterwork of Ingenuity Commander 2014, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5 (+400%, 0-6 months)
- Erayo, Soratami Ascendant Saviors of kamigawa, Confidence Level 6: $5 to $10 (+100%, 0-12 months)
- Oath of the Gatewatch Booster Crate, $100
- Languish, Magic Origins, Confidence Level 6: $3 to $7 (+133%, 0-6 months)
- Radiant Flames Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 5: $.25 to $1.50 (+500%, 0-6 months)
- Alhammarret’s Archive Magic Origins, Confidence Level 7: $4 to $10 (+150%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: SCG Baltimore Standard Open and Modern Classic
Starcitygames was in Baltimore this weekend, and it brought our first look at both Shadows Over Innistrad Standard and Post-Eldrazi, Post-Ancestral Vision, Post-Thopter Foundry Modern. What showed up? What didn’t? What can we learn from these results?
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.MTGPrice helps keep you at the top of your game with our daily card price index, fast movers lists, weekly articles by the best MTGFinance minds in the business, the MTGFastFinance podcast co-hosted by James Chillcott & Travis Allen, as well as the Pro Trader Discord channels, where all the action goes down. Find out more.