MTG Fast Finance is a weekly podcast that tries to break down the flurry of financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering into a fast, fun and useful thirty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: April 15th
Segment 1: Top Movers of the Week
Secure the Wastes (Dragons of Tarkir)
Gain: +$4.50 (+80%)
Gifts Ungiven (Modern Masters)
Gain: +$12.00 (+100%)
Undiscovered Paradise (Visions)
Gain: +$6.00 (+133%)
Knight of the White Orchid (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$3.00 (+150%)
Kytheon, Hero of Akros (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$8.50 (+155%)
Tireless Tracker (Shadows Over Innistrad)
Gain: +$5.00 (+250%)
Pyromancer’s Goggles (Magic Origins)
Gain: +$6.00 (+300%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Masterwork of Ingenuity Commander 2014, Confidence Level 7: $1 to $5 (+400%, 0-6 months)
- Erayo, Soratami Ascendant Saviors of kamigawa, Confidence Level 6: $5 to $10 (+100%, 0-12 months)
- Oath of the Gatewatch Booster Crate, $100
- Languish, Magic Origins, Confidence Level 6: $3 to $7 (+133%, 0-6 months)
- Radiant Flames Battle for Zendikar, Confidence Level 5: $.25 to $1.50 (+500%, 0-6 months)
- Alhammarret’s Archive Magic Origins, Confidence Level 7: $4 to $10 (+150%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: SCG Baltimore Standard Open and Modern Classic
Starcitygames was in Baltimore this weekend, and it brought our first look at both Shadows Over Innistrad Standard and Post-Eldrazi, Post-Ancestral Vision, Post-Thopter Foundry Modern. What showed up? What didn’t? What can we learn from these results?
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.