MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 3, 2016
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Hardened Scales (KTK, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$6.00 (+150%)
Runed Halo (SHM, Rare)
Gain: +$12.00 (+150%)
Sleight of Hand (9th, Common Foil)
Gain: +$35.00 (+116%)
Retract (DST, Rare)
Gain: +$7.00 (+78%)
Mindwrack Demon (SOI, Mythic)
Gain: +$1.50 (+75%)
Primal Vigor (CMD 2013, Rare)
Gain: +$7.50 (+60%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Torrential Gearhulk (KLD, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $22.00 to $30.00 (+8.00/37%) 0-12+ months)
2. Verdurous Gearhulk (KLD, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $16.00 to $25.00 (+29.00/+56%, 0-12 months)
3. Aetherflux Reservoir (KLD, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $0.50 (Target) to $5.00 (+4.50/+900%, 0-12+ months)
- Inspiring Statuary (AER, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $1.50 to $6.00 (+4.50/+300%, 0-12+ months)
- Note: Inventory was already sold out and crashing by the time you read this. Moving right along.
2. Elder Deep-Fiend (EMN, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $2.00 to $7.00 (+5.00/+250%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review & Pro Tour Preview
James & Travis reviewed the Standard decks that made Top 8 at SCG Richmond last weekend and made their predictions for the Pro Tour.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.