MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 9, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Sigil of Distinction (SOA, Rare)
Gain: +$3.00 (+600%)
Esper Charm (SOA, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$12.00 (+325%)
Sleight of Hand (9th, Common Foil)
Gain: +$65.00 (+215%)
Scrapheap Scrounger (KLD, Rare)
Gain: +$2.50 (+125%)
Sinbad (ARN,UNC )
Gain: +$3.75 (+115%)
Memory Jar (Urza’s Legacy, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$30.00 (+100%)
Heart of Kiran (AER, Mythic)
Gain: +$10.00 (+67%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Aetherworks Marvel (KLD, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $4.00 to $10.00 (+6.00/150%) 0-12+ months)
2. Kari Zev’s Expertise (AER, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $10.00 (+7.00/+233%, 12+ months)
3. Baral, Chief of Compliance (AER, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $8.00 (Target) to $20.00 (+12.00/+150%, 0-12+ months)
- Astral Cornucopia (BNG, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $2.00 to $10.00 (+8.00/+400%, 0-12+ months)
2. Crystalline Crawler (C16, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $2.50 to $8.00 (+6.50/+220%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
James & Travis reviewed the results of Pro Tour Aether Revolt and the cards to watch in the aftermath.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The guys touched on selling out of MTGO, recent successes with EU arbitrage and the cards they least want to be holding heading into Modern Masters 2017 previews in a few weeks.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!