MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Mar 3, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
A pretty quiet week in card spikes…that is up until the MM17 reveals wrapped up Thursday and people started moving on cards that weren’t included. (Expect to see those here next week.)
Rite of Passage (Fifth Dawn, Rare)
Gain: +$6.00 (+1200%)
Carpet of Flowers (Urza’s Saga, Uncommon)
Gain: +$11.50 (+330%)
Tainted Pact (ODY, Rare)
Gain: +$3.50 (+175%)
Falling Star (LEG, Rare)
Gain: +$10.50 (+161%)
Eidolon of the Great Revel (JOU, Rare)
Gain: +$6.00 (+100%)
- Ancestral Vision (TSP, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $35.00 to $60.00 (+25.00/71%) 12+ months)
- Note: Source from Europe to snag at mentioned price
2. Karn Liberated (NPH, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $45.00 to $70.00 (+25.00/+55%, 0-6+ months)
3. Horizon Canopy (FS, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $35.00 to $60.00 (+25.00/+71%, 0-12+ months)
- Noble Hierarch (MM2, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $45.00 to $70.00 (+25.00/+56%, 0-6+ months)
2. Inkmoth Nexus (MB, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $20.00 to $40.00 (+20.00/+100%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Topic of the Week
James & Travis got deep on the exciting new Modern Masters 2017 release.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!