MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: May 26th, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Harbinger of Night (Mirage, Rare)
Gain: +$4.50 (+900%)
Throne of Geth (Scars of Mirrodin, Foil Uncommon )
Gain: +$6.00 (+600%)
Vizier of Remedies (Amonkhet, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +9.00 (+180%)
Deflecting Palm (DTK, Foil Rare)
Gain: +9.00 (+180%)
Attune with Aether (KLD, Foil Common)
Gain: +$2.25 (+129%)
Devoted Druid (SHM, Foil Common )
Gain: +$28.00 (+128%)
Silvergill Adept (LRW, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$20.00 (+125%)
Aphetto Alchemist (ONS, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$6.50 (+119%)
Enchantress’s Presence (ONS, Rare)
Gain: +$7.00 (+100%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Haven of the Spirit Dragon (DTK, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $5.00 to $15.00 (+10.00/200%) 0-12+ months)
2. Crux of Fate (FRF, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $8.00 (+5.00/+167%, 6-12+ months)
3. Cascading Cataracts (AMK, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $5.00 to $12.00 (+7.00/+140%, 6-12+ months)
- Utvara Kellkite (RTR, Foil Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $9.00 to $20.00 (+11.00/+122%, 6-12+ months)
2. Dragon Tempest (DTK, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $3.00 to $10.00 (+7.00/+140%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys touched on the results from GP Montreal and GP Santiago (which as we now know is German for a “whale’s vagina”).
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
James & Travis took a stab at the Pro Tour streamer invite, the leaked Commander 2017 dragon cards and a rare Ebay seller victory.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.