MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: June 16, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Faerie Macabre (Shadowmoor, Foil Common)
Gain: +$14.00 (+1400%)
Condemn (DIS, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$15.00 (+150%)
Street Wraith (FS, Foil Common)
Gain: +30.00 (+100%)
Aladdin’s Ring (ARN, Rare)
Gain: +6.00 (+100%)
Ghost Quarter (DIS, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$20.00 (+57%)
Crystalline Crawler (C16, Rare)
Gain: +$2.00 (+50%)
Saprazzan Cove (MM, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$2.00 (+33%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Unearth (UZD, Foil Common)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $12.00 to $25.00 (+3.00/108%) 0-12+ months)
2. Mystical Tutor (EMA, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $15.00 to $25.00 (+10.00/+67%, 12+ months)
3. Aether Revolt Booster Box (Russian)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $95.00 to $150.00 (+55.00/+58%, 12+ months)
- Condemn (MPR, Uncommon)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $6.50 to $13.00 (+6.50/+100%, 0-6+ months)
2. Rishkar, Peema Renegade (Aether Revolt, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $2.00 to $6.00 (+4.00/+200%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Cliff and James may own, or intend to own, speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys touched on the results from the SCG Modern Open in Charlotte.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
James & Travis discussed the 25th anniversary release schedule and all the latest previews and leaks.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.MTGPrice helps keep you at the top of your game with our daily card price index, fast movers lists, weekly articles by the best MTGFinance minds in the business, the MTGFastFinance podcast co-hosted by James Chillcott & Travis Allen, as well as the Pro Trader Discord channels, where all the action goes down. Find out more.