MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: June 16, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Faerie Macabre (Shadowmoor, Foil Common)
Gain: +$14.00 (+1400%)
Condemn (DIS, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$15.00 (+150%)
Street Wraith (FS, Foil Common)
Gain: +30.00 (+100%)
Aladdin’s Ring (ARN, Rare)
Gain: +6.00 (+100%)
Ghost Quarter (DIS, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$20.00 (+57%)
Crystalline Crawler (C16, Rare)
Gain: +$2.00 (+50%)
Saprazzan Cove (MM, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$2.00 (+33%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Unearth (UZD, Foil Common)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $12.00 to $25.00 (+3.00/108%) 0-12+ months)
2. Mystical Tutor (EMA, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $15.00 to $25.00 (+10.00/+67%, 12+ months)
3. Aether Revolt Booster Box (Russian)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $95.00 to $150.00 (+55.00/+58%, 12+ months)
- Condemn (MPR, Uncommon)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $6.50 to $13.00 (+6.50/+100%, 0-6+ months)
2. Rishkar, Peema Renegade (Aether Revolt, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $2.00 to $6.00 (+4.00/+200%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Cliff and James may own, or intend to own, speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys touched on the results from the SCG Modern Open in Charlotte.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
James & Travis discussed the 25th anniversary release schedule and all the latest previews and leaks.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.