MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Sep 22, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Coat of Arms (7th, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$400.00 (+400%)
Morphling (Judge Promo, Foil)
Gain: +$65.00 (+260%)
Chronozoa (Planar Chaos, Foil Rare)
Gain: +11.00 (+183%)
Cryptic Gateway (ONS, Foil Rare)
Gain: +34.00 (+155%)
Carnage Tyrant (IXL, Foil Mythic)
Gain: +$15.00 (+136%)
Aether Flash (7th, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$5.00 (+100%)
Maelstrom Nexus (Alara Reborn, Foil Mythic)
Gain: +$30.00 (+100%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Gideon of the Trials (AMK, Foil Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $25.00 to $50.00 (+25.00/100%) 6-18+ months)
2. Spell Queller (EMN, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $12.00 to $25.00 (+13.00/+108%, 6-12+ months)
3. Obelisk of Urd (M15, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $8.00 to $15.00 (+7.00/+88%, 6-12+ months)
- Cyclonic Rift (EMA, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $13.00 to $25.00 (+12.00/+92%, 6-12+ months)
2. Phyrexian Arena (CSP2, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $15.00 to $35.00 (+20.00/+133%, 0-12+ months)
Todd Stevens Pick:
1. Samut the Tested ( Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $3.50 to $10.00 (+6.50/+185%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis, Todd and James may own, or intend to own, speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys went over the results of SCG Open: Louisville, a Modern tournament where Jeskai Control took the top two slots. Spell Queller and Traverse the Ulvenwald were mentioned as relevant forward looking specs.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
Current SCG Tour leader Todd Stevens joined the crew to break down the best and worst cards and specs from the newly released Ixalan set, including notes on Standard, Modern and EDH cards.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.