MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Jan 7, 2016
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Beck//Call (Dragon’s Maze, Rare)
Gain: +$2.50 (+500%)
Reshape (DST, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$25.50 (+268%)
Pride of the Clouds (DIS, Rare)
Gain: +$7.00 (+175%)
Master Transmuter (Conflux, Rare)
Gain: +$16.75 (+137%)
Dig Through Time (KTK, Rare)
Gain: +$2.50 (+125%)
Marton Stromgald (Ice Age, Rare)
Gain: +$1.70 (+94%)
Engineered Explosives (MMA, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$70.00 (+85%)
Segment 2: Cards to Watch
- Chasm Skulker (M15, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $5.00 to $15.00 (+10.00/+200%, 6-12+ months)
2. Monastery Mentor (FRF, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $10.00 to $20.00 (+10.00/+100%, 6-12+ months)
3. Rings of Brighthearth (KLD Inventions, Foil Special)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $30.00 to $60.00 (+10.00/+100%, 6-12+ months)
- Note: Source these from Europe to get the price listed.
- Boom//Bust (Planar Chaos, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $9.00 to $25.00 (+16.00/+178%, 6-12+ months)
2. Darkslick Shores (SOM, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $8.00 to $20.00 (+12.00/+150%, 0-6+ months)
3. Retract (Oath, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $2.50 to $9.00 (+6.50/+260%, 6-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Most Interesting Cards from Aether Revolt
James & Travis discuss the sexiest cards of the fully spoiled Aether Revolt set releasing later this month.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.MTGPrice helps keep you at the top of your game with our daily card price index, fast movers lists, weekly articles by the best MTGFinance minds in the business, the MTGFastFinance podcast co-hosted by James Chillcott & Travis Allen, as well as the Pro Trader Discord channels, where all the action goes down. Find out more.