MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Mar 17, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
A pretty quiet week in card spikes…that is up until the MM17 reveals wrapped up Thursday and people started moving on cards that weren’t included. (Expect to see those here next week.)
Yawgmoth’s Bargain (Urza’s Destiny, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$78.00 (+354%)
Street Wraith (Future Sight, Uncommon)
Gain: +$6.25 (+227%)
City of Shadows (The Dark, Rare)
Gain: +22.00 (+170%)
Tyrant’s Familiar (C14, Rare)
Gain: +$2.25 (+113%)
Traverse the Ulvenwald (SOI, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$8.00 (+67%)
- Saheeli Rai (KLD, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $5.00 to $10.00 (+5.00/100%) 24+ months)
- Note: This pick assumes that the combo deck is banned out of Standard before the next Pro Tour and Saheeli gets cheap enough to move in as a Modern spec.
2. Panharmonicon (KLD, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $10.00 to $20.00 (+10.00/+100%, 12+ months)
3. Kari Zev’s Expertise (AER, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $5.00 to $15.00 (+10.00/+200%, 0-12+ months)
- Kaervek the Merciless (MM2, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $2.00 to $8.00 (+6.00/+300%, 6+ months)
2. Liliana, the Last Hope (EMN, Mythic Foil)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $55.00 to $90.00 (+25.00/+64%, 12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
James & Travis went over the results from a fairly boring GP Barcelona (Standard) and a more diverse SCG Dallas Open (Modern), highlighting a few key cards.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The guys discussed the announcement of the TCGPlayer Pro software offering and the likely impact of their extended reach as a central MTG finance platform in North America.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.Track your collection's value over time, see which cards moved the most, track wishlists, tradelists and more. Sign up at MTGPrice.com - it's free!