MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: June 2, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Cabal Pit (Odyssey, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$11.25 (+1500%)
Circle of Protection: Red (9th, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$14.00 (+1400%)
Ethersworn Canonist (SOM, Foil Rare)
Gain: +68.00 (+567%)
Rishadan Cutpurse (Mercadian Masques, Foil Common)
Gain: +4.25 (+567%)
Hickory Woodlot (Mercadian Masques, Foil Common)
Gain: +$4.00 (+400%)
Planar Collapse (URL, Foil Rare )
Gain: +$16.00 (+400%)
Haven of the Spirit Dragon (DTK, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$11.00 (+367%)
Dragon Tempest (DTK, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$12.00 (+400%)
Segment 2: Picks of the Week
- Felidar Guardian (AER, Foil Uncommon)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $4.00 to $10.00 (+6.00/150%) 0-12+ months)
2. Spell Queller (EMN, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $9.00 to $20.00 (+11.00/+122%, 6-12+ months)
- Duskwatch Recruiter (SOI, Foil Uncommon)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $5.00 to $15.00 (+10.00/+200%, 0-6+ months)
2. Door of Destinies (M14, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $7.00 to $15.00 (+8.00/+114%, 0-12+ months)
3. Harsh Mercy (ONS, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $5.00 to $20.00 (+15.00/+300%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
The guys touched on the results from the GPs and SCG Modern events last weekend.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
James & Travis discuss the Hour of Devestation leaks and an assortment of other news.
James Chillcott is the CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.