MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 17, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Breaking//Entering (DGM, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$7.00 (+233%)
Colossus of Sardia (ATQ, Rare)
Gain: +$4.00 (+89%)
Wheel and Deal (ONS, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$7.50 (+79%)
Sleight of Hand (9th, Common Foil)
Gain: +$30.00 (+67%)
- Brain in a Jar (SOI, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $10.00 (+7.00/233%) 12+ months)
2. Sram’s Expertise (AER, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $4.00 to $10.00 (+6.00/+150%, 12+ months)
3. Ancient Tomb (EXP, Premium Foil, EU Sourced)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $90.00 (Target) to $160.00 (+70.00/+78%, 0-12+ months)
- Collected Company (DTK, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $12.00 to $20.00 (+8.00/+67%, 0-12+ months)
2. Blasphemous Act (INN, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $6.00 to $15.00 (+9.00/+150%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
James & Travis reviewed the results of GP Pittsburg and the ongoing presence of BG decks at the top of the Standard power rankings.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The guys touched on two new MTGFinance related startups and answered user questions.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.MTGPrice helps keep you at the top of your game with our daily card price index, fast movers lists, weekly articles by the best MTGFinance minds in the business, the MTGFastFinance podcast co-hosted by James Chillcott & Travis Allen, as well as the Pro Trader Discord channels, where all the action goes down. Find out more.