MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Feb 17, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
Breaking//Entering (DGM, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$7.00 (+233%)
Colossus of Sardia (ATQ, Rare)
Gain: +$4.00 (+89%)
Wheel and Deal (ONS, Foil Rare)
Gain: +$7.50 (+79%)
Sleight of Hand (9th, Common Foil)
Gain: +$30.00 (+67%)
- Brain in a Jar (SOI, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $10.00 (+7.00/233%) 12+ months)
2. Sram’s Expertise (AER, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $4.00 to $10.00 (+6.00/+150%, 12+ months)
3. Ancient Tomb (EXP, Premium Foil, EU Sourced)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $90.00 (Target) to $160.00 (+70.00/+78%, 0-12+ months)
- Collected Company (DTK, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $12.00 to $20.00 (+8.00/+67%, 0-12+ months)
2. Blasphemous Act (INN, Foil Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $6.00 to $15.00 (+9.00/+150%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
James & Travis reviewed the results of GP Pittsburg and the ongoing presence of BG decks at the top of the Standard power rankings.
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The guys touched on two new MTGFinance related startups and answered user questions.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.