MTG Fast Finance is our weekly podcast covering the flurry of weekly financial activity in the world of Magic: The Gathering. MFF provides a fast, fun and useful sixty minute format. Follow along with our seasoned hosts as they walk you through this week’s big price movements, their picks of the week, metagame analysis and a rotating weekly topic.
Show Notes: Mar 11, 2017
Segment 1: Top Card Spikes of the Week
A pretty quiet week in card spikes…that is up until the MM17 reveals wrapped up Thursday and people started moving on cards that weren’t included. (Expect to see those here next week.)
Three Wishes (Visions, Rare)
Gain: +$3.75 (+750%)
Colossus of Sardia (Antiquities, Rare)
Gain: +$24.50 (+700%)
Merchant Scroll (Homelands, Common)
Gain: +$6.00 (+300%)
Yawgmoth’s Bargain (UZD, Rare)
Gain: +$3.50 (+140%)
Fabricate (MRD, Foil Uncommon)
Gain: +$11.00 (+137.50%)
City of Shadows (DRK, Rare)
Gain: +$7.50 (+136%)
Tarfire (Lorwyn, Uncommon)
Gain: +$1.00 (+100.50%)
Fulminator Mage (MM2, Rare)
Gain: +$20.00 (+100%)
Note: Mox Opal and Karn Liberated were also up 30% or so this week.
- Master of Waves (Theros, Mythic)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $3.00 to $6.00 (+3.00/100%) 12+ months)
2. Aether Vial (Kaladesh Masterpieces)
- The Call: Confidence Level 8: $75.00 to $100.00 (+25.00/+33%, 12+ months)
3. Ancient Stirrings (ROE, Common)
- The Call: Confidence Level 9: $5.00 to $10.00 (+5.00/+100%, 0-12+ months)
- Leyline of Sanctity (MM2, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 7: $16.00 to $25.00 (+9.00/+56%, 0-6+ months)
2. Steely Resolve (ONS, Rare)
- The Call: Confidence Level 6: $5.00 to $12.00 (+7.00/+140%, 0-12+ months)
Disclosure: Travis and James may own speculative copies of the above cards.
Segment 3: Metagame Week in Review
James & Travis went over the result from the Magic Online World Championship and GP Brisbane (Modern).
Segment 4: Topic of the Week
The boys reviewed the recent announcement giving Channel Fireball control of all Magic: The Gathering Grand Prix worldwide.
CEO of ShelfLife.net, The Future of Collecting, Senior Partner at Advoca, a designer, adventurer, toy fanatic and an avid Magic player and collector since 1994.